The article below gives you an insight into the blood hunter class features, abilities, and order of the lycan. Also, it gives you the know-how about the character build and proficiencies. We got you all covered with the details of the class Blood Hunter 5E, so keep reading and know more.
What’s new in Blood Hunter?
The Matt Mercer Blood Hunter class has new updates in the Dungeons and Dragons, and if you have played with the earlier version, you would know the difference in the 2020 updates. Some of the recent updates in the matt mercer classes of blood hunter orders as follows:
- Blood maledict and Crimson rite have switched their order of rankings, where the blood maledict is at the 1st level, while the latter is at 2nd.
- The maximum hit points of Crimson Rite are not reduced. However, some cost cuttings make it easier to handle.
- Blood maledicts’ 3rd use per rest is now two levels higher than before, but the other needs are where they were.
- A new feature called Brand of Castigation, also known as Brand of Tethering, is also added to the list.
- The subclasses of d&d blood hunter got many changes done in the mechanical terms, and their core features are now polished with self-tuning done. Also, benefits and designs got changed for the better.
- Moreover, blood curses are now altered, where four of them are removed, and seven new ones are added. Far, blood curses now require prerequisites, including the subclass and level requirements.
Many more updates and new features like the blood hunter order of the lycan are on the way, don’t leave us here. There’s a lot more coming in the article below. Stay tuned with us to know more and get the blood hunter 5E pdf here.
Dnd 5E Blood Hunter: Abilities, Skills, Weapons, and Feats
It would help if you had Dexterity and Intelligence for your class features.
- Dex: It is a primary offensive ability.
- Con: It is always important
- Int: It is crucial for most of your class features. It would help if you started with at least 14 or 16.
- Wis: Only crucial for saves and perception but are necessary.
- Cha: Dump stat.
- Acrobatics: It is based according to situations.
- Athletics: You can use it without high strength, and it is suitable for shoving.
- Arcana: It is great for identifying your enemies and opponents.
- History: It becomes essential once you have Grim Psychometry.
- Investigation: Intelligence is the primary ability to make it work.
- Religion: Important for identifying enemies and opponents.
- Survival: Again, it is very situational.
- Hand Crossbow: Get yourself a crossbow expert and gain a chance to apply for the crimson rite twice.
- Longbow: Your go-to armor until you receive the crossbow expert.
- Rapier: You again, a go-to combat weapon.
- Whip: It is best at finesse quality with reach.
Get a brief about the accomplishments in this section:
- It would help if you got a crossbow expert for another hemocraft die roll.
- The blood hunters are defensive duelists.
- They are durable and have elemental adept.
- They are heavily armored and tough.
- They are polearm masters and have the order of the ghost layer.
Dnd Blood Hunter more Features
Some more features are waiting for you in the next section, and they are:
- Brand of Castigation: Once you reach the 6th level, you can invoke hemocraft magic into the creature’s damage with your Crimson feature. Also, it requires no action. Moreover, you will always be aware of the direction of the branded creature.
- Whenever it causes any damage or within five feet of you, they will suffer from a psychic injury, which would be equal to your Intelligence modifier. Your brand will last until you dismiss it or apply to other creature. Your brand gets to count as your spell to dispel magic.
- Also, the spell is half of your blood hunter level. Far, you can use this feature once and not again until you complete a short or long rest.
- Grim Psychometry: Once you reach the 9th level, you gain an ability to discern the history of the objects or places that have a sinister past surrounding them. You will use your Intelligence check to gain the information about them, which gives you an advantage on the roll. Also, it gives you an insight into their past and benefits with a vision that is unknown to your character but on higher rolls.
- Dark Augmentation: Once you reach the 10th level, the arcane blood magic spreads out in your body and reinforces your flexibility. Also, your speed amplifies by 5 feet, and whenever you make a dexterity, strength, or constitution saving throw, you gain a bonus equal to your Intelligence modifier.
- Brand of Tethering: Once you reach the 13th level, your psychic damage through the castigation brand increases to twice your Intelligence modifier. Also, a brand creature can’t bear a Dash action. If the branded creature formed by you tries to teleport or leave the place with the help of the ability, spell, or even portal, they have to consume 4d6 psychic damage and release a wisdom throw. In case they failed, the teleport won’t happen.
- Hardened Soul: Once you reach the 14th level, you can take advantage of the saving throws against feeling frightened.
- Sanguine Mastery: Once you reach the 20th level, you have control over your blood magic, which diminishes your sacrifice and empowers your capabilities. Once per turn, whenever you get a chance to roll your hemocraft die, you can reroll it and choose which one of them you want to go forward with. Moreover, you regain your expended blood maledict use whenever you get a critical hit with the weapon invoked with the crimson rite.
Blood Hunter 5E guide: Class features
The Dnd 5E Blood Hunter and its class features are mentioned right below, which will give you an insight into the whole category in detail. They are:
- Hitpoints: You need 1d10, at least for the front-liner martial classes. Also, a blood hunter must have many hit points as they tend to sacrifice their hits along the way.
- Saves: Dexterity, the most critical saves for a blood hunter as it diminishes the damage effects. Also, Intelligence saves are rare, but one must have them.
- Proficiencies: Martial Weapons, medium armor, and shields are required for winning over the Fighter of the Paladin as you can’t defeat them without heavy armors. This class also gets the tools called Alchemist’s supplies like its Fire and many more skills from the other categories list.
- Hunter’s Bane: The blood hunters love to track and follow a monster. So, you must survive the Hunter Bane at your level 1, which is a life-altering stage. Hence, use your wisdom skills to follow the fiends or monsters and collect all the information about them. Hunter’s Bane shapes your character’s body to control the hemocraft magic, where you use your blood to sustain your abilities. Certain critical role blood hunter features require you to fulfill a target of attaining saving throw to maintain its effects.
- Blood Maledict: At times, you get the opportunity to either gain an ability or sacrifice to manipulate the monsters and even curse them by channeling your hemocraft magic skills. Also, you achieve one Blood curse of your selection and even learn another extra one too in the blood hunter 2.0.
You can replace the blood curse you know with the extra one at level 6th, 10th, 14th, and 18th. Moreover, you choose blood maledict when you invoke a blood curse. Remember, you can amplify your blood curse before you attack the target, sacrificing your hit points.
The creatures with no blood are immune to the curses unless you attack them with an amplified one. Far, you can use this feature at least once. Once you reach the 6th level, you can use it twice. On the 13th level, you can use it three times.
At the 17th level, you can use it four times. You can regain all your expended uses after you complete a short or long rest.
- Fighting Style: Once you reach the 2nd level, you get to select any one of the fighting styles from the options below. You can’t use the chosen fighting style more than once, even if you get a chance to choose again. They are as follows:
Archery: You achieve +2 bonuses when you attack with ranged weapons.
Dueling: You get a +2 bonus point when you damage your opponent with a gun in one hand only and no other armors.
Great Weapon Fighting: When you get 1 or 2 on the non-rite damage die for the attack with weapons in both your hands, then you can reroll the die and use the second outcome. For that, your weapon must have a versatile property.
Two-weapon fighting: When you are dual-wielding, you can amplify your ability modifier to the second attack’s damage.
- Crimson Rite: Once you reach the 2nd level, you learn to put a rite into the effect of hemocraft within the armor but at the expense of your hit points. In order to make use of bonus action, you mobilize the crimson rite into a single weapon that has the elemental energy of your selected and known rite that lasts up till you complete your long or a short rest. Or if you don’t have a weapon in your hand at the end of the battle.
When you invoke a rite, you will lose your vitality, which is your hit points to one roll of your hemocraft die. When the rite is active, attacks from these weapons will cause 1d4 damage, which will become magical and increase with the level gained as a blood hunter.
A weapon could only hold a single rite at once. Choose any one rite of the first rites as listed below:
Rite of the flame: The damage caused through Fire.
Rite of the frozen: The damage caused through cold.
Rite of the storm: The damage caused by lightning.
- Ability Score Improvement: Once you reach the levels 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, and 19th, you can either increase one ability score by two or two abilities by one. But you can’t raise them after 20.
- Extra Attack: Once you reach the 5th level, you can attack twice whenever you opt for Attack Action.
5E Blood Hunter Class Table
Blood Curses known
Hunter’s Bane, Blood Maledict
Fighting Style, Crimson Rite
Blood Hunter Order
Ability Score Improvement
Brand of Castigation, Blood Maledict (2/rest)
Order feature, Primal rite
Ability Score Improvement
Ability Score Improvement
Brand of Tethering, Blood Maledict (3/rest)
Hardened Soul, Esoteric Rite
Ability Score Improvement
Blood Maledict (4/rest)
Ability Score Improvement