Do you want your Sims to do well in life? Then you must get them a degree. You know how the old proverb goes “give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.”
This implies that teaching and learning are the two ways that we can survive as the fittest. The Sims 4 game is no exception to this, which is why the inclusion of sims 4 university degrees has been added to it. Your Sims will have better aspirations and will be well paid at the end of the day. Who would not like that? The expansion pack that came out in 2019 made all this possible. We have made a list of the most prominent degrees that you will ever need to know about. Just keep reading.
Table of Contents
What Are The Sims 4 University Degrees?
These college degrees in Sims 4 are like real-life degrees. They bring your Sims value, make them more charming, and aspiring. They can be anything right from doctors to artists. Just let your imagination fly and keep the logical as well as aspirations high in them.
There are two schools that impart distinguished degrees in Sims 4. One is known as Britechester and the other is Foxbury. The former is the home of arts and the latter is a new center for the excellence in science and technology.
There are four different types of degrees, namely, With Honors, Distinguished, regular, and Distinguished With Honors. The last one is more prestigious and all courses need special conditions to be met for enrollment.
Some Of The Most Prevalent Distinguished Degrees Sims 4
Education is the most important aspect of our lives. We really appreciate this endeavor of EA games. Imagine young kids playing and they getting this message across that education is imperative. This is why we dedicate this post to all degrees and careers of the world.
What Is Distinguished Degree?
You must also remember that Sims need specific skill set to qualify for a Distinguished Degree. This degree can be taken only at a certain university. This is different than the rest of the sims 4 university degrees.
This brings your Sim more value, respect, and opportunities. They can earn more, get promoted more often, and win more vacations in comparison to a regular degree. Here is a list of the 13 degrees that are offered under this degree course.
Under University of Britechester
- Pipe Organ (available with Vampires Game Pack)
Enjoy a distinguished career as a painter, musician, or photographer. Let your creativity flow.
- Archaeology (get it with the Jungle Adventure Game Pack)
This is for a person that understands art. They can broaden their cultural perspectives by such a leverage.
- Art Critic
- Trendsetting Influencer
- Research and Debate
- Parenting (Parenthood Game Pack)
To help people understand the importance of communication. It also teaches how to communicate with each other.
- Business Person
- Social Media Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Gourmet Cooking
If your Sim is a foodie or simply loves to experiment with food, then this is the right choice for them. Learn recipes and how to prepare food.
- Food Critic
- Archaeology (obtainable in the Jungle Adventure Game Pack)
- Selvadoradian Culture (comes along with the Jungle Adventure Game Pack)
- Research and Debate (can be found in the Discover University Expansion pack
History is the story of mankind and its evolution. Learn the historical prominence of our ancestors.
- A career in law
Language and Literature
- Vampire Lore (accessible with the Vampires Game Pack)
- Research and Debate (presented in the Discover University Expansion Pack)
Write stories, poems, or research about language. This career path can never go wrong!
- Acting (offered with the Get Famous Expansion Pack)
Develop yourself by getting close to your emotions. Become a star or a celebrity by enrolling in this degree course.
- Social Influencer
Under Foxbury Institute
- Wellness (Comes with the Spa Day Game Pack)
Science is the foundation of our existence. Biology shows how survival of the fittest is the right way to live and adapt.
- Body Builder
- Marine Biologist
- Robotics (added in the Discover University Expansion Pack)
- Rocket Science
The tech revolution is here and Sims cannot stay away from it. The whole concept of Simcity is based on technology. Learn languages, programs, and create applications!
- Computer Engineer
- Set up a start-up and become an entrepreneur
- Crime Buster
- Research and Debate (found in the Discover University Expansion Pack)
This branch of study directly deals with money, society, and progress. Learn how nations, individuals, and groups tackle their finances.
- Admin Services
- Acting (you can find it in the Get Famous Expansion Pack)
- Parenting (can get it in the Parenthood Game Pack)
The key to knowing the human mind. It teaches you the core of human existence and the thought process.
- Teaching – professor
- Vampire Lore (available in the Vampires Game Pack)
A curriculum that teaches how to exploit. Hence, values and morals do not hold good here.
- Villainous Agent
- Rocket Science
- Robotics (get it in the Discover University Expansion Pack)
From the universe to subatomic particles, Physics explains it all. Robotics, Rocket Science, to Astro Physics, the options are too many.
Is a Distinguished Degree Required?
The question is not about a degree but more likely to be, will your Sim like to get a degree? It is very simple, it is the way you make them work is essential here. A Distinguished Degree is not a necessity but can be undertaken to make things better.
Alternatively, it has to be stated that there are a number of associated degrees that your Sims can undergo. We have mentioned all that in this post, so there is nothing to worry.
Selecting The Right University Degree For Your Sim
Choosing the right can only be done by you and your Sim. Maybe you have already incorporated an aspiration that your Sim is working on (as in you). You may have decided about this from the beginning or may now want to think over it. It is totally up to you to take that call.
There is no need to mention that these degrees bring your Sims better pay, longer vacations, and good life. So, we say help your Sim kick up a storm and complete that degree.
How Enroll In University?
Before you enroll in university majors you must work on some of the skills that are required to be fulfilled for the course. The Degree segment is under the University tab in your game. You will be guided thoroughly by the degree tab about the particular requirements of these degrees.
Is There A Way To Prepare?
The point is, if you Sim had been good at academics and maintained good grades all through, there is a high possibility of getting accepted. Now, the question arises as to how to apply and we have answered that in the next part of this discussion.
How To Apply To University Sims 4?
If you want to apply for university then you must follow these steps:
- Go to your Sims 4 game
- Find the University tab
- Click on Apply to Universities
You will not be able to choose a major at this point. Your Sim will receive a letter in the mail within 2 days. As they get accepted, they will be provided with a list of Degrees based on their skills. There is a high chance that your Sim will get accepted into a Distinguished Degree if they have been through high school with straight A’s. Although there is a possibility of pursuing courses without this as well.
Are There Any Scholarships?
A college degree can earn you a lot but at times it can cost as well. So, you need to save some solid bucks to make it up. A college career can be expensive and can be supported with a scholarship.
That is correct, a scholarship can make things easy for your Sim that is interested to get a degree. Below is a list of scholarships that you can get from various colleges in the Sim city:
These may not be that easy to obtain as some of the skill-based scholarships depend on your location. You need to participate in activities that will fetch you marks. This is one way to score a scholarship. You know like accomplishments in the Scouts and:
- Athletics gets you $450, which is based on fitness level, it opens at level 3 and starts to improve from levels 5 and 9
- Food and Drink can earn you $200, you know cooking skills, baking, mixology, and gourmet cooking; unlocks at level 3 and starts to boost from levels 5 and 9
- The Great Outdoors brings you $200 for fishing, gardening, flower arrangement, and herbalism, this also unlocks at level 3 and progresses from level 5 to 9
- E-Sports can get you $450 for playing video games that is released at level 3 and peaks at level 5 and 9
- Discover University Scholarships
Now, this is a list of scholarships provided by the esteemed Discover University. You may apply but there is no guarantee that your Sim will be accepted into it.
- Location-Based if you live in Forgotten Hollow to Willow Creek, you have a shot
- Super Scout helps you score a scholarship of $175 but you need to maintain rank 2 in the scouts
- Merit-Based allows you to make $500 and Sims that have applied for Distinguished Degree can try this as well
- Helping Hand – Needs Based offers you a scholarship of $250 only if you have cash between 10 to 15,000 simoloens and property valued to be 80k to 100k simoloens
There are more, we mentioned the most interesting ones for now. These will help your Sim fulfill their dream for sure.
We have found some extracurricular activities that help to get into university in Sims 4. That is so true as Sims can get career options without any degree in these three areas:
- eSports gamer can become a Tech Guru (eSports Gamer Branch)
- A fitness enthusiast can start a career as an athlete (Professional Athlete Branch)
- A food aficionado can start mixing to turn out to be a mixologist (Mixologist Branch)
These branches also have a good prospect that can bring your Sim the happiness they want. This is something that you can focus on right away.
Interesting Facts About Sims 4 Majors
We have found some more facts about Sims 4 and their university degrees. Just like the real world, Sims also can use the power of charm or money to get into a degree program. That is right, you heard us and Sims can join a course if they:
- Donate like a whopping 2000 simoleons to get in
- If your Sim is a social media influencer, then they can use their celebrity status to allure the authorities and join a degree
Time Taken To Complete The College Degrees
You will be surprised to know that semesters in Sims last for only seven days! If your Sim is opting for a Degree, then there are four semesters to complete. This really makes it more challenging and appealing. What say?
See all degrees are significant as they carry some weightage. Having a degree may not get you stars and moon, but not having one will neither take you to them. You decide if you want your Sim to get sims 4 university degrees.
There will be others and your Sim will have to fight to get ahead in life. The choice is totally up to you. We are saying it is worth a shot and we are pro education. If kids can learn the value of education from Sims 4, then EA games have taken the right course. We support them in this and hope to help them preach this noble cause.