People of all ages can play the Sims 4. However, many functions are not for children. These are explicitly adult features, and you should only use them under the supervision of a parent. The Sims 4 has some of the content for its adult audiences as it needs to deliver to all types of players. There is a Sims 4 rating to make the game more child-friendly. If you wish to protect your children from any explicit or graphic content in the game, read the following article.
Table of Contents
What is Sims 4?
Sims 4 is an interactive life simulation game. In this game, you can do many things that you may not have been able to do with your life. It also is very realistic and will let you live your dream. You can opt for various interactions and gameplay functions and buy packs and cc to improve your game. You can also engage in a lot of drama and customize your entire game according to your liking.
You can perform various day-to-day activities like eating, bathing, sleeping, etc. This game is an excellent distraction from your real-life and will keep you excited and engaged throughout.
Sims 4 age rating
Sims 4 age rating restricts a lot of content not meant for kids. It has a PEGI rating of 12 above. This means children above the age of 12 years can use most of the game’s features. There are a lot of videos that show graphic content, followed by using the age rating so you can avoid such stuff. If you wish to cover up any violent, sexual, abusive, or graphic content, you can use this age rating and turn it into a more mild version of yourself.
What to watch out for as a parent in Sims 4
If you wish to know more details about specific features that you need to be careful of, then we have listed them for you below:
- Violence: the game has a lot of violent content. There are many plots and storylines in the game, including robbery, murders, fights, and even death. This feature is something that you may want to prevent from your children so that it does not scare them.
- Nudity and sexual content: The Sims 4 is based more on realism. Therefore it does have a lot of sexual and nude content. In many places, the Sims will be completely naked. There is a function where you can turn this into a more mild feature so that it does not corrupt your kids’ minds.
- In-app purchasing: In the game, as players constantly keep buying expansion packs, having to enter your account details again and again can be a bit annoying. Therefore, you can save your details in your account to buy your packs faster and more smoothly. However, this can be dangerous if a kid handles your account. Your child might randomly buy many packs without even realizing it and can put your bank account at risk. Therefore, you should be a little more careful about this.
- Custom content and mods: As you may already know, creators make The Sims 4 custom content to make the game more realistic. This mod helps to add a lot of aspects of real-life into the game, which you may not see in the default game. If your child and the purchasing one of these cc without knowing the context behind them, it can be a little dangerous.This is because few of these mods focus on adding content like removing mosaic blur, promoting nudity, drugs and substances, violence, and many other adult features. Therefore before your children by any cc, you need to make sure that you evaluate them.
- Genre and storyline: This is a good function for children as it may be exciting and exciting to them. However, a few of the storylines consist of much graphic content. Therefore, you may need to be careful. A lot of the storyline is also very complex and dramatic, which may confuse children.
- Format: You can only play the game on your PC for now.
- Length: The length of this game is unlimited. You can play it for however long you want. There are a lot of that’s that take place as the timeline of the game is very long. In such situations, you can distract your attention to the children.
- Themes: various challenges have a particular theme. If you wish to choose a small child-friendly challenge, you can search for one of these themes.
- US- ESRB rating: this version of the game is strictly meant for teenagers. It has a lot of sexual content and mature humor, and violence. This content is also a lot more graphic and very internet. It is very realistic. Therefore that may not be suitable for your children. You can have various interactions in this version of the game, like being able to kiss, hug, mess around with sexual activities, go to strip clubs and also create babies. The violent content will also be very graphic as you will see a lot of blood and violent interactions.
According to various parents of players, they found the game very safe. Many parents said that the function to protect the children from Sims-rated graphic content is very effective. It also covers up nude content precisely so your children are not exposed to offensive content. They said that the sexual content is carried out in a manner in which your children will not be able to see anything or even understand it, which is excellent. They said that the children were highly addicted to the game and loved playing it.
This article was all you needed to know about the Sims 4 rating. We hope that this helps you make your game a lot safer for your children to play.