In Sims 4, with the evolving number of Mods, various types of unique Mods are being introduced. The Playable pets Mod Sims 4 is one such Mod. With this mod, you can play the game as a pet. You can choose to play as a pet and then experience the pet life through this Mod!
Table of Contents
Features of the Sims 4 playable pets Mod
The playable pets Mod has various unique features for you to play. We have given a few of these features below:
Hemp pet collars
In the playable pets Mod, you will get a choice to choose from seven colours for your dog collars. You will also get tags of different shapes like hearts, stars, etc. There are many options available for cats too. Cats also have other silver and golden bells. You can type “merry” in the catalogue menu if you want to get these.
Colour of a tennis ball
When it comes to pets, tennis balls are their favourite toys to play with. In this Mod, too, you are given a variety of tennis balls that you can give your pets. The “real-life pet store” in the game allows you to choose from numerous colours of tennis balls.
Pets food bowl recolour
Like the few above, even your pets’ food bowls can have different colours.
Real looking eyes
The creators of this Mod have built it very well, keeping all the details in mind. The eyes of your pets will look extremely real with this Mod.
Sims 4 playable pets Mod Download
If you wish to download this Mod, then you can follow the steps given below:
- Download the Sims 4 playable pets Mod from
- Once you download this Mod, save it into your Mods folder.
- Ensure that you enable the custom content and Modifications and the script Mod options .
- Once you have done the above steps, reload your site, and you can use this Mod.
Language translation issue
The language translation is one of the problems you might face while playing the playable pet Mod. In this conflict, you might encounter an issue where there isn’t text available in any other language besides English. If you want to use the Mod in different languages, follow the steps below:
- The first thing you need to do is send the creators a string file consisting of the conflict you are facing.
- After you send the creators the file, they will recognise this issue and try and fix it for you.
The string file location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims4\EP04\Strings_ENG_US.Package.
The other languages provided in the string file are:
- Strings_POR_BR.package (Portuguese Language)
- Strings_GER_DE.package (German Language)
- Strings_POL_PL.package (Polish Language)
Best Modifications available
The creators have given new features and interactions and different Mods to make the game more fun to play. We have listed the best Modifications below:
- Animal control:– With this Mod, you can control your pets. Various things that you can manage your pet are their bladders, hygiene, etc.
- Animal eyes:– With this Mod, you can give your Sim eyes like your pets, who may not be a pet. Your Sims can get the same eyes as them in the same colours, shapes, etc.
- Pets with three legs:– Since this Mod tries to be as realistic as possible, they have also included animals’ struggles. Many animals or pets have diseases or fractures on their bodies. This Mod has adapted this struggle of animals. With this Mod, your pet will be missing a leg.
- Vet hire:– Animals also get sick and have various diseases. In such cases, you need a doctor to help cure their problems. With the help of this vet hire Mod, you can hire a vet who will take care of your pets’ health.
- Increase in pet sale prices:– You can also become a pet breeder in this game and sell your pets. In this case, you can take good care of the pets you have. As a result, increase the prices of your pets. In addition, you can determine the costs of your pets by the traits inherited by them.
- Red panda:– If you don’t want to have a regular animal as your pet and wish to have something unique, then this Mod is perfect for you. With this feature, you can adopt a red panda as your pet!
- Re-colouring for dogs and cats:– With this feature, you can give your dogs and cats more unique and different colours. If you are tired of cats’ basic brown, white and black colours, you can give them more vibrant and bright colours.
- Demogorgon hat for cat:– You can give your cat a hat as an accessory. The monster “Demogorgon” inspired this hat. It will help make your cat look scary and devilish.
- Superman/batman shirts pets:– You can also dress your pets up in shirts. You can give them superman or batman themed shirts with this feature.
- Sims 4 selectable pets:– Most people struggle with pets in their households because they take up extra space and do not allow more Sim members in the house. With the help of this Sims 4 selectable pets Mod, you will be able to have pets, and the game will not count them as a member of the household, so you can have as many as you want:
Aom selectable pets options
- My pets:– Any stray animal can now be part of your household with this Mod. You need to pick the pets all up in one go, and they will be yours. With the help of this, you will be able to gain tons of new pets!
- My pets cancellation:– If you want to end your relationship with any pet, you can do so with the help of this option.
- Call pet home:– With this option, you can call pets home manually and decide on an outfit for them! For cats and dogs in particular, you can get more interactions. This call pet home is a great feature of the selectable pets Mod.
How to control pets
It can get pretty difficult to control your pets sometimes. This feature can help to make that job a little easier. Follow the steps below to know how to get controllable pets or to eliminate any other issues:
- Make sure that you have the pets Mod update.
- Ensure that the script Mods option is enabled.
- In your Documents/Sims 4/Mods folder, unzip the aom selectable pets.zip file. The. Package and.ts4script files should not be retrieved or Modified.
- If you store your .ts4script in a subfolder, it will not work, so make sure that you have not done that.
Sims 4 control pets Mod
- In a usual setting, pets live up to 2-3 weeks in Sims 4. However, only in the case of puppies, they live up to 5-6 weeks.
- Your pets can also give birth to more pets.
- Only if your pets are of the same species can they breed. If two pets are of two different species, they will not give birth.
Is there a cheat to get pets in Sims 4?
Yes, there is a cheat to get pets in Sims 4. The steps for it are:
• Type “testingcheats true” into the command prompt.
• If you hover your mouse over the basket icon in the Vet Perk list, it will say “you’ve previously purchased this perk,” indicating that the trick works. These Sims pets cheat you to recruit an additional veterinarian through the Manage Employees window and control the quality of the supplies.
Pets aren’t playable in The Sims 4 Cats, and Dog expansion since users can’t control them like in real life. This topic has been a source of debate since its inception. However, if you wish to maintain your pets, you can get the playable pets Mod for The Sims 4.
To make pets playable in The Sims 4, go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods and download the Sims 4 playable pets Mod. Select other from the Game Options menu and activate “Content and Mods” as well as “Script Mods Allowed.” Last but not least, restart the game.
Yes, there is a cheat to control pets. Type “testingcheats true”, and a notice stating “cheats enabled” will appear. You can now type in whatever cheat you desire.
Yes, the playable pets Mod in Sims 4 allows you to control your pet. Using this Module, you may regulate their behaviour and aspects such as hunger and urination.
What is the cheat to control pets in Sims 4?
In Sims 4, you must enable or disable the “boolProp ControlPets Setting” to gain control.
Sims 4 does not include horses as pets, but you can play the Cats and Dogs extension instead.
If the pets are puppies, they can live for up to 5-6 weeks; otherwise, they can only live for 3-4 weeks if they are healthy.
Yes, pets in The Sims 4 can have children; however, the game counts them alongside the rest of the family. As a result, you must keep an eye on it.
No, a dog and a cat cannot reproduce. Pets can only reproduce with other members of their species.
We have come to the end of this article about the Playable pets Mod Sims 4. We hope it was of help to you and made your gaming experience with Sims 4 more fun. This cc is a Mod that could make a huge difference in your gameplay, so make sure to play with it!